I hope everyone has been enjoying the summer sunshine. There is so much going on that this is a rather long newsletter!
First of all I want to thank Sioban for her talk at our Augustt meeting. Here is a link to CalAid’s web page if you would like to find out more or make a donation.
Nearly as importantly we need to start thinking about and baking for Countryside Live. The event takes place over two days – the 24th and 25th Sept, in the Lea Valley, near the ice rink. Click here to find out more.
This is our largest fundraising event of the year and enables us to pay for speakers, buy supplies for our meetings, offer bursaries and make donations to causes we support. Over the last few years we have raised around £1500’s at this one event – which is an amazing amount of cake and tea - so as much help as possible is required. A quick reminder of a few key points:
- Most cakes can made in advance and frozen (before they are iced)
- Due to not having any refrigeration facilities on site, we prefer not to have butter cream or soft cheese icings.
- Some gluten free and vegan friendly offerings are always appreciated
- Children friendly cakes, such as smaller cupcakes, we can sell at lower prices are also good
- We need a list of ingredients to go with each cake, so we can answer any questions for those with food allergies
- If you keep receipts and send them to us with your bank details we are happy to reimburse for ingredients