Sunday 1 June 2014

...and a hello

Hello there. I just wanted to say how excited I am to be taking over the presidency from Colleen Bowen who has stepped down after an amazing few years. As some of you know I have been involved with EEWI since our beginnings although in recent years have been focussing on other projects, personal and community focussed. Now, however, I'm really looking forward to taking the EEWI reins although I have pretty big shoes to fill!
For those of you who don't already know me I live in Stepney with my grown up son, Jake, and my even more grown up cat, Chewy, and spend my free time cycling, keeping fit (or trying to), working at festivals, playing music and, let's not shy away from it, drinking scrumpy. I'm passionate about EEWI which has in the past been a massive part of my life and I hope it will be for the next year and beyond.
What we need to do is continue to find fun, thought-provoking and unusual people and activities for our monthly meetings as well as spreading the EEWI word to ensure we keep our membership strong. Any thoughts or ideas you might have about how we can do this are greatly appreciated  and don't forget there is always room on the committee for you!
Anyway if you want to contact me about the above or in fact anything EEWI related please do email me on niki.stevens@btinternet.com and I look forward to seeing you at one of our meetings or events over the next few months.
Niki Stevens
President EEWI

No comments:

Post a Comment